ページ Pages

12/10/2007

Number One!


DSCN0225
Originally uploaded by mr_caffeine74
I don't know why Noelle was holding up one finger like this but I love this photo. Noelle and I spent an afternoon playing in the fallen leaves at the park on the hill. That's our truck in the background and my shoes in the foreground. In her hand she has some chocolate milk. We had stopped playing for a snack. We were gathering leaves to make an orange garbage bag full of leaves for the yard. We bought the bag in Wyoming for 2 dollars or so. It had a Jack-o-lantern face on it. I wanted to get it out in the yard for decoration before Halloween.

Noelle's Japanese continues to astound me. She speaks so fluently sometimes. She talks to herself a lot and it is so cute. She says things like "Hmm, I wonder if this is the right one?". On the other hand her English is coming along rather slowly. We will be going to Wyoming for a month and I hope that gives her a big enough boost that she can keep talking even more English when we get back. She tries, sometimes, to speak English but she can say SO much in Japanese that it frustrates her to not be able to say it in English. I think though, that she has the right personality to learn to speak languages well. Time will tell.

DSCN0225

0 件のコメント: